Be Your Best When Facing the Worst
Data breach, personal scandal, fire, devastating storm … All you have to do is look at the morning headlines to know that it’s not a matter of if, but when a crisis will strike your organization. The question is, will be ready? To make sure you are fully prepared, we are offering a half-day workshop entitled “Crisis Communication: Be Your Best When Facing the Worst.”
Here are some of the topics that are covered:
- Build the Ark Before the Flood: Materials and information communications professionals should prepare before a crisis.
- Message Mapping: A proven formula to develop key messages on the fly allowing you to get out in front of any crisis situation and be ready for news media interviews.
- Mastering the Sound Bite: How to tell your story to the news media in 20 seconds.
- The Forgotten Audience: The role of employee communication in a crisis.
- Friend or Foe? How to use social media in a crisis.
Here’s what attendees at our New Orleans, Las Vegas and Phoenix workshops said about this workshop. Schedule this invaluable workshop for your organization. You’ll be happy you did!
Attention IABC members: This workshop offers the potential to earn 5 points toward maintaining Communication Management Professional (CMP) certification.
Crisis Communication Toolkit: Be sure to check out our Crisis Communication Toolkit that is packed with templates, tools, and tactics to handle any crisis communication situation. A great companion to the workshop or use it as a stand-alone DIY guide.
In the News: Paul was interviewed on the ICology podcast about his thoughts on crisis communication for internal audiences. He also was interviewed by the popular StaffConnect blog and had a blog reposted in the IABC Communication World Magazine.